Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara

An ode to mascara.

Oh mighty mascara.

You raise my eyelashes so they can stand on mountains

And also so that they can pick up a stiff breeze on said mountains

Eyelashes for days.

Amen.
 
If you’ve discussed makeup at all with me, you know that mascara is my go-to and my number one staple. I got pinkeye last summer and was devastated not only because, you know, pink oozing eye, but also because it meant that I had to discard ALL OF THE MASCARA.

Imagine the joy when I got my September Ipsy bag and found Tarteist Lash Paint. I’ve used Tarte before; I have a liquid lip color from them and was excited to try out their mascara. When I put it on, I was instantly in love. My eyelashes extended to my eyebrows (note: exaggeration, not actual fact) and they were beautiful and thick. I was so pleased.

For about two hours.

Ipsy described the mascara as long-lasting, but this wasn’t the case for me at all. The days that I tried out the mascara were humid and hot and I sweated a lot. Unfortunately, my mascara didn’t run, it pooled. It gathered into a dusty line at the base of my lower eye and made me look like I’d lost a fight. My friends noticed it too. Argh!

I’m waiting for some mascara that I ordered from Mary Kay to come in and am using the Lash Paint in the meantime. To be fair, without the sticky humidity, I’ve not noticed as much gathering at the base of my eye, but it still doesn’t stay put.


Maybe it’s my body chemistry; I’m not saying this won’t work for everyone. But I certainly won’t spend money on this product. Tarte is still a great brand and I highly recommend their lip color. If you have a subscription to a makeup box or something like that, it’s worth using from time to time if you don’t need long wear. But that’s all that I can recommend myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment