Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Ulta3 Nail Colour

 I didn’t used to care about my nails at all. Then one day, my best friend introduced me to SimplyNailogical on YouTube, I learned quick cheats to do my nails in all kinds of fun ways (EASILY!) and became a manicure convert.

Because of my love of nail polish, my Ipsy bag typically includes at least one nail polish type product in it. For my first two bags, I received muted tones (soft pink, nude beige) so I was psyched to find that I had a glorious, fiery red in the September bag.

Full disclosure: I’m a China Glaze/ OPI girl traditionally because that’s what I can find at Ulta Beauty on most days for $10 and less and also, both brands go on super smooth. Ulta3 is an Australian brand (which I’ve found is true for most of the best brands, e.g. Fun Lacquer, Picture Polish, etc. What’s up with that, Aussies?). Typically I don’t get to try any of those brands because shipping is positively outrageous so I went into this prepared to be wowed and, quite honestly, inspired to spend all the money on shipping.

I slapped on some nail polish last night with the typical regimen, but I left out the top coat because, one, I wanted to see how it wore on its own and two, it was late and I was feeling lazy, to be honest. However, most of my nail polishes have gone the no-top coat route at least once and are good for a couple of days before they start to chip. Not so for Ulta3.


The chipping was immediate, the first bits sloughing off during my morning routine. As I’m typing this, three of my nails have at least half of the polish chipped off. That’s insanity. I’ve had drugstore brands that have lasted longer than that. The color is phenomenal, but that’s hardly helpful if the color won’t stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment